There is a reason why Amazon’s One-Day Delivery or Loblaws PC Express services are rapidly becoming popular. Our schedules fill up faster and our lives are more and more hectic. Most of us are spending less and less time focusing on ourselves. This year, I have really tried to make an effort to practise self-care and focus more on my overall wellbeing
Practising self-care is different for everyone. For some it might be to pamper themselves with a manicure. For others, it could be as simple as setting aside time in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee while it’s still hot. For myself, it’s to get more sleep and to ingest ingredients that make me feel good on the inside and out.
DIY Lavender Linen Spray
• 4 oz glass spray bottle
• Printable sticker sheets
• Pinch of dried lavender (optional)
• 1 oz witch hazel
• 25 drops lavender essential oil (or any essential oil of your choice)
• 3 oz distilled water
• Using a funnel, add witch hazel and essential oil to the glass bottle and shake to combine
• Once combined, add a pinch of dried lavender, then the water. Shake once more to combine.
• Finish by wiping any residue off the bottle and adding the adhesive label.
• Spritz two to three sprays on your pillow at night and enjoy!
• 1 ½ cups chopped kale
• 1 cup diced fresh mango (if frozen add an extra ¼ cup)
• 1 cup milk (can be substituted with milk alternatives)
• 1 cup mango nectar
• Collagen peptides (follow package directions)
• 1 tbsp honey (optional)
• Dissolve collagen peptides in the milk and mango nectar.
• Add liquids and remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
Mona Elkadri is a lifestyle blogger with a fondness for everyday living and entertaining, from sweet recipes to home décor and DIY, and everything in between.