- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar (set aside 1 tbsp for sprinkling at the end)
- 1 ¾ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add cubed butter and using the whisk attachment, pulse the mixture at low speed until it forms a coarse mixture with chunks of butter. Add the fresh blueberries to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until just combined.
- On a floured surface knead dough a few times and form it into a ball. If the mixture is too sticky, sprinkle a light dusting of flour.
- Pat down into an 8-inch circle and cut into 8 wedges. Place each wedge on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Place in the fridge for 30 min.
- While you wait for the scones to chill in the fridge, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the tops of your scones with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
Enjoy scones as soon as they cool down or refrigerate them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.