- 2 large granny smith apples peeled and diced.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add butter, diced apples and 1 tsp cinnamon. Cook until apples are tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, prepare your glaze by mixing milk and icing sugar together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, and salt.
- Once combined, add milk, eggs, and the cooled cooked apples. They should be about room temperature before adding them to your mixture. Mix until just combined with a whisk, being careful not to over-mix. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot on medium-high heat with grapeseed or vegetable oil for frying. The oil should be about 1.5-2 inches deep.
- Once the oil is hot, spoon 1/3 cup amounts of batter into the pot. Fry 3-4 fritters at a time. Cook for approximately 1.5-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil onto a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Dunk the fritter in the glaze immediately and ensure that all sides are covered. Remove from the glaze and place on a wire rack to cool and to provide room for the excess glaze to drip.
- Once your fritters have cooled, you can enjoy them immediately or store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.