- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 carton (946 ml) of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 can chickpeas (19 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
For the rice:
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold water for 1 minute, massaging with your hands as you rinse it. This will remove a lot of the starch and ensure fluffier rice.
- Combine the rice, turmeric, salt, oil, and water in a medium pot and cook on high.
- Once the water starts to boil, cover the pot, and lower the heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once finished, remove the lid, and fluff the rice with a fork.
For the Curry:
- In a large pot on medium heat, add avocado oil, diced onions, salt, garlic powder, and chilli flakes. Cook until the onions start to caramelize.
- Next, add vegetable stock, curry powder, sriracha, sweet potato (diced in 1.5 cm cubes), and chickpeas. Increase the heat to medium-high so that the stock reaches a boil and cook for 15-20 min, or until the sweet potato cubes are tender.
- In a small cup, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water, then add it to your pot along with the spinach leaves.
- Let the curry reach a boil once again, then remove from the heat and let stand for 5 min.
- Lastly, layer your turmeric rice and curry in a bowl and enjoy.