- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4-5 pieces of thinly sliced dehydrated lemon for decorating
- 2 tbsp. room temperature butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and milk slowly, alternating between the two, a third at a time until it is combined.
- Add your blueberries to the mixture and with a spatula, gently fold them into the batter to incorporate.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 min. Use a toothpick to check for readiness at the end of the 60 min by sticking it into the middle of the loaf. It should come out completely clean, if it is a bit battery, add 5 min onto your baking time.
- While the loaf bakes, combine the softened butter and powdered sugar to make the icing.
- Once finished, let the loaf rest in the pan for 20 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack.
- Once it’s on the cooling rack and still a bit warm, add your icing to the loaf so that it melts over the top.
- Finally, top the loaf with freshly grated lemon and dehydrated lemons for decoration, let cool and enjoy!
- To make dehydrated lemon slices, thinly slice lemon about 3mm thick and place on parchment paper. Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour, flip and bake for another 1 hour.