For the crust
• 1 cup diced cold butter
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup icing sugar
For the filling
• 3 eggs
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¾ cup corn syrup
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 1 ½ tbs vanilla extract
• 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the diced cold butter, flour, and icing sugar. Pulse until a crumb mixture forms. You can also use a pastry blender if you do not have a food processor.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a lined baking dish and bake for 15-20 min. Remove and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, salt, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and flour and beat until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust and bake for 35-37 min.
- Once baking is complete, let the bars cool completely before cutting and enjoy.