For the soup base
- 1 cup red pepper paste
- 1 ½ cups soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1.5 tbsp onion flakes
- ½ bulb of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Jar
- chopped snap peas
- edamame beans
- chopped Napa cabbage
- shredded or thinly peeled carrot
- sautéed portobello mushrooms
- fresh cilantro, whole leaf or rough chop
- fresh green onion, sliced
- instant rice noodles (uncooked)
- Make your soup base by combining all ingredients in a saucepan on low-medium heat. Cook until it just begins to boil, then remove it from the heat. Once it has cooled, store in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
- In a large heat-safe jar (canning jars are great), add your desired amount of soup base to the bottom of the jar. I like adding about 2 ½ tablespoons, but you can adjust this to your liking and the jar’s size.
- Next, begin to layer your jar, starting with the uncooked instant rice noodles and then your remaining veggies.
- You can then store your prepared jar in the fridge for later consumption. When you’re ready to enjoy, pour boiling water into your jar, ensuring that it covers your noodles and vegetables. Cover the jar and let stand for 3-5 min, or until the noodles are cooked.