- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- ½ onion
- 900 ml beef or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 ½ cups cheese tortellini
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- In a large pot on medium heat, add oil, diced carrots, diced celery, and diced onion. If you have the celery leaves in the middle of the celery, add these too. They are packed with flavour. Sauté on medium heat until the vegetables have a golden brown colour and the onions are semitransparent.
- Next, increase the heat to med-high and add stock, salt, pepper, chili flakes, peas, and spinach and stir until the spinach is just about cooked.
- Add in the tortellini and continue to boil the soup until the tortellini is cooked, about 6-7 minutes, but this could change depending on the type or brand of tortellini used.
- Once the tortellini is finished cooking, you are ready to enjoy.